As a research-driven, multi-disciplinary program, the M.A. Program in Holocaust Studies actively seeks graduate students from a variety of backgrounds, and with different ideas and interests regarding the Holocaust and Holocaust-related topics of research. Applicants will be evaluated on demonstrated motivation and intellectual curiosity to research the period and events related to the Holocaust, and promise of scholarly achievements.
In the admissions process, we will carefully consider an applicant's academic record, recommendations, research or career goals.
Applications for the 2018-2019 academic year are now open! You can start your application at https://internationalreg.haifa.ac.il/
For questions regarding the admissions process, please write to Dr. Yael Granot-Bein at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application and registration should be done according to the University regulations.
Please note that in addition to submitting an on-line application, applicants are requested to send:
- 2 letters of recommendation
- personal statement
These three documents should be sent via email to: Ilana Eshchar (email@example.com)
Official transcripts and Diploma should be showed in person or sent via post to:
Admissions Office | University of Haifa
199 Abba Hushi Blvd.
Mount Carmel, Haifa
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree in the humanities or social sciences from a recognized university in Israel or abroad with a final grade of 80 or more (Israeli system) or 3.0 GPA.
- Students who do not have a background in the History of the Holocaust will be required to take an online introductory course prior to the start of the program. This course is offered by the program and is free of charge.
- Candidates who have previously attended an institution of higher education with instruction in English are not required to take the TOEFL exam. All others must submit official TOEFL scores or their equivalent. You can find more information about the test here.
Admission Application Checklist
- Two letters of recommendation
- One to Two page Statement of Purpose*
- Copy of Undergraduate Diploma
- Official Transcript
*A Statement of Purpose should introduce the student academically, and outline goals associated with a MA in Holocaust Studies.
Follow the "apply now" link to begin your online application.
For questions regarding the admission process email Dr. Yael Granot-Bein at firstname.lastname@example.org